Monday, September 19, 2011

Something Beautiful:




It's been a while since I posted some classy classical music, so tuck in that shirt, cross thy legs, and sit back, cause this is the good stuff. And so what if its from like the 70s or 80s. One cannot judge classical music by the era of composition.

I got an iTunes gift card for my birthday and "Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone" was one of the consequences thereof. Ennio Morricone is a modern composer that primarily does soundtracks, and, judging by the emotional depth of his music, I can see why he's revered for it. This is a most excellent album, and I recommend it to anyone looking for some lonely strings. This has been the soundtrack to my world for several weeks now. It gets better with every listen, and acts as a catalyst for whatever emotion you're feeling. (But most obviously intended for the more ...forlorn.)

No comments: