Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sundogs are cool.

...and this may be my favorite image of one (stolen from TIME):



But I must be honest, this blog is a bait and switch that's actually about music. (And the trap's been sprung BLAOW!)

Although nobody but me really appreciates these intrusive playlists ... alas! I have yet anuthern. Try to contain your excitement. As you may be well aware, I love the somber musics. Especially those that can strike unique chords in me that have a kind of emotional tension somewhere between a pensive melancholia and a pleasant wistfulness (I don't know how else to describe it), and these are a few (non-techno) goodies that do just that. Be warned, it takes a good pair of headphones and an element of patience to fully behold the psychological impact lurking within these tracks. Those aren't high standards are they??

Maybe so. I do also love using this genre as background chillin' music ...for the vegetables in my refrigerator to listen to.

2 comments:

Chris and Becky Buczinski said...

I do appreciate the bait and switch. Very much "pensive melancholia" and "it always comes back to that"

DΛNΙΣL said...

Did you catch the Trentemøller track I stuck in there? (I can never be entirely techno-free, nyuck nyuck)