Thursday, October 28, 2010

The New Thing



And yet another revisiting of one of my favorite cinema classics! Word has it that a new"The Thing" prequel will be coming out next April, and boy is me excited. I hope they don't cheese it up with some underlying political agenda like 'save the penguins' or 'global warming.' I won't set my expectations too high for Hollywood though.

The funny thing is that I had just recently told Bethany how I wanted to go back and watch the original with her sometime soon. Maybe around Halloween, or better yet after the first good snow of the season. I'm sure she will hate it inversely proportional to how much I love it. But I'm going to make her watch it anyway, top-o-the-line 1982 special effects and all.

2 comments:

The Drouhards said...

...I hear strange things out here.


Do you think this one will be based off the video game?


ineffable excitement!


--Tommi

DΛNΙΣL said...

I hope the movie will be shot in first person, like DOOM.