Sunday, May 16, 2010

Q & A

Mokay- so I decided to indulge my psychosis today for the reader's clarification via a self interview. For anyone who knows me, you'll know this is not the first.
Q: Why would you decide to start a blog this late in the game?
A: Well, I guess all my friends were doing it, and I thought, "jeepers, that's good stuff. i want in on that action." But, alas, I thought to myself, "my life is redundant and uneventful. what shall I write about?" So I thought, "well at least its a good excuse to post some of my favorite musics for others to wonder at."
Q: Speaking of your playlist, I noticed you've got it set to play automatically, isn't that annoying for people who visit your blog to have no choice but to listen to your obscure and questionable music selection?
A: Well, yes, technically. But I'm inconsiderate like that. Anyone who's spent much time with me knows I'm a bit of a stereo-hog/music nazi that always seems to assume control of the music in the room. I'm trying to work on that, but only I know what I want to listen to at any given moment in space and time, so that gives me the intrinsic right. right?
Q: Not really, but anyway, what is up with your punctuation and capitalization? Did you ever graduate 3rd grade?
A: Yes, I did pass 3rd grade, please don't blame Mrs. Woodson for my shortcomings. All in all I'm inexorably lazy. And if I went back to correct all my grammatical errors, I would waste countless moments. Valuable moments that I could use doing more important things like looking at that bush outside my window or asking myself more exigent questions. Besides, I have the luxury of making this blog as stupid and incoherent as I'd like because its mine, and I make the rules. Its almost like a bit of rebellion from having to write pretty papers for school. Now I can begin every other sentence uncapitalized, then end them with prepositions, and write pointlessly lengthy run-on sentences, all without much for a linear thought or idea to bring everything together. I now have that freedom, and thus I will take it.
Q: Well, uh, good for you then? Anyway, back to the music, I noticed you have a cheesy techno song with what sounds like a choir music chopped and spliced in. Any defense or explanation?
A: I'm not going to lie. I do listen to some techno. But not like the house/dance six hour 2/4 looped beat type. I like some substance to mine. Though I will admit, I am sucker for quality bass and clever beats, I mostly go for the techno with some noteworthy melodies and emotional value. My wife sometimes says that my music makes her feel funny. Not like haha funny, but strange funny. And thats the feeling I like. Other music besides electronic is fully capable of this too, but techno for some reason allows my mind to escape more readily into that "strange" feeling of being on a metaphysical seascape of emotion that I'm free to sail wherever I feel led. Besides, you can't tell me that listening to 1:30-2:30 of ed solo doesn't make you happy on some level.
Q: OK, so how'd you get the title of your blog?
A: Darts and a dictionary.
Q: So who's the custodian that you base the relevancy of your blog upon?
A: That's a pun off of a pun that I thought was clever. One of my hombres has a blog by a similar subtitle, and of all the non-blood friends I have, he's the one I am most in step with (excepting my wife).
Q: What eternal significance does this blog have?
A: Oh, um yeah, I guess none. I'm just muckin about so far, though I do hope to manage some more significant material at some point.
Q: So then, if this has no eternal value, doesn't that make it an infinite waste of time?
A: Touché.

This is Dan Jrurd.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

5 comments:

Chris and Becky Buczinski said...

i'm expecting an infinite assortment of good musics on this blog as a reference

DΛNΙΣL said...

Infinite? Isn't that standard a bit high?

Challenge: Accepted.

Diggable D said...

And so it came to me that my playlist is also weaving through the genre neighborhood. I like it that way........

DΛNΙΣL said...

... D, your playlist weaves more through genre solar systems than neighborhoods

Diggable D said...

Neat.