Thursday, December 1, 2011

Otiose Viscocity




OK people,  here's some songs you probably won't listen to, but maybe, just maybe, this ONCE, I'm ok with that.

I like them in ascending order-


AudioDax - Smile

This song is a couple guys' attempt at catching the ear of highschoolers everywhere.  Best of luck to them, hope their 15min is everything they hoped it'd be.  This one has the highest cheese content of anything you will ever hear on this blog, that is my official promise to you.  Originally, I thought this song was worth a listen so I downloaded it.  On the second listen, it'd lost its luster, by the third listen I was basically over it, and now I'm pretty sure I dislike it altogether.  The problem is that before I came to this conclusion I've already made this mix and uploaded it.  Do you know how tedious that is?  Not that tedious.  But I'm a busy man, I can't go around all day reversing everything stupid I do.  That's no way to make progress. 

Anyway, this song is undeniably chipper and catchy, and sure to have you doing the Carlton. 




(Honestly, this image fits so well, I had to leave it! Admit it, you laughed.)

Jhameel - Waves

Without a doubt, this song is absolutely, undeniably: meh.


Hilltop Hoods - I Love It (featuring Sia)

This is a good time for all.  Sia has much higher quality solo stuff (and Zero7 stuff) but I haven't heard her do any hip to the hop such as this.  I haven't much listened to these  Hoods atop hills until I saw they choose high quality features.  Conclusion: I'll take it.


Gobble Gobble - Lawn Knives (Teen Daze Remix)

Now we're getting to the good stuff that will never make it on the radio.  I'm less inclined to listen to these guys as I am to anything that Teen Daze remixes.  He's got a way of morphing a modern tune to sound like it should have been released in the late 80s (aka the most depressing era of human history).  This song delights me on multiple levels.  Including ground level.

Example - Midnight Run (Flux Pavilion Remix)

Here we come to my favorite of this mix.  This is another poppy song I was at first ashamed to like, but am now willing to admit to the massive audience that is my blog readers (which is basically just my mom, hi mom) that I have listened to it some 100 times and still like it.  (Bethany can attest.)  If you need a kickin track to drop on new years eve, this may be your song.  I know I'm going to put it in my new years party mix to spin ...at a reasonable volume ...around 9:30 ...while I'm changing the diapers of my 9 month old kids ...after they're done eating their mashed peas and carrots.  

3 comments:

Audrey said...

your sister reads to, where's my shout out?!!! ;)

Audrey said...

ps, whatever happened to dan's angry music...? tho I don't miss it that's forsure, and if it makes you happy, I'm not a mariah fan anymore...except for the random old stuff... ;)

DΛNΙΣL said...

I guess my angry music has given way to the more...

...less angry. I think I had a lot of unspecified teen frustration that's generally given way to either distraction assisted by shallow happy music, or to rumination of reality complemented by solemn music.

Oh and here's your shoutout: "HAAAYY!"