Saturday, July 7, 2012

Temporarily Out of Service




So I have been a'slackin' on the blog front, and for that I emit condolences from deep within my bowels. BUT be not exorbitantly dismayed, I have not forgotten ye old blog. 

Through some major soul searching, I have decidedly made a handful of modifications round these parts. First most, you will notice no invasive tunes. This is not to be taken lightly, for it is my greatest pleasure to force unwelcomed music on unsuspecting blog-goers. BUT this being the free country it is, and since you have been set free from sin, you are now free to push play on the player for yourself. Go ahead. Push it. Push the play icon. I know you see it there, why the hesitation? It will not hurt you. At best you can expect good health, a rise in spirits, and generalized life enhancement. At worst, you will experience incalculable suffering through this life and the next. I have strong suspicion it will be the former. For this, I give you my word.


Second most, I have employed a new gaze-worthy picture and new blog title. This is not to say any of the marked quality of this blog will be affected henceforth, for these changes are solely aesthetic in nature and essence.


Grizzly grind by Danieljose X on Mixcloud


Now for this particular post's playlist rundown:


Grizzly Bear is one of the few creative analog bands of our generation. And this new track 'Sleeping Ute' from their forthcoming album attests to just that. It seems to me that they are channeling some prog from times past...
Clark has been featured on this blog many moons ago, and this little synth slammin' track 'Tooth Moves' is not one to be winked at. So it is settled, no winking at this synth slammin'.
'Blue Eyed Bitter' by Aeroc is one of those songs that makes you want to stare indefinitely into the clouds or the stars or anything upward.


This track 'Grinder' by Nitemoves is the very song that this playlist was built around. Goosebumps people. Listen, appreciate, repeat. And FYI: Nitemoves is also the drummer for Tycho on his summer tour.
'5th Stage' by Osborne is an oldie (like sooo 2008) but its a goodie. Inhale this business long and slow, hold, aaaaaand you're welcome.
Then we have a brief but delightful interlude by Dykehouse called 'Sandy Strip' that just fit right on in there, so there you go.

 Cubenx has many'a'good tracks and I encourage you to listen to most of their other stuff as well. This one, 'Grass,' is surely one of my fav's. Mellow and unoffensive, this can be appreciated with indirect listening as background music or direct listening through headphones or the like.
THEN we've got 'The Unknown' by Dextro. This track is dripping with melancholia, one of my favorite flavors indeed.
And finally, 'Melamine' by Geskia! I'm not necessarily excited, the exclamation point is part of the artist's name. This in one of those slow builders and slow faders which is my preferred way to end any mix.


Well that's all for now folks; and maybe for a while yet, as I do not have time to cater to all your wants and needs. My people need me.






5 comments:

Audrey said...

the first was funny, and I scroll quickly through the music reviews as you probably would through my all naturelle beauty products reviews. so, we're even.

The Drouhards said...

So then, according to the above anecdote, it follows that an appreciation of music is solely manifest in males and homosexual women.....?


btw...the dude in the toppermost picture has quite the impressive pee stream...


--T

The Drouhards said...

Can you make this playlist one that's easy to get to?

Obliged,
--T

DΛNΙΣL said...

Its marked by little green heads on the soundcloud waveform, more easily seen the soundcloud website I suppose.

Also:
0:00 Grizzly Bear
4:31 Clark
8:30 Aeroc
12:18 Nitemoves
14:43 Osborne
19:44 Dykehouse
20:27 Cubenx
24:40 Dextro
27:30 Geskia!

The Drouhards said...

This track seems to be permanently out of service...